Next up, Tanoa Sasraku - Morale Patch
Big picture: Mascot
I did not do anything to toy with perspective. This is just what I saw when I stepped into the room. It's just that big & imposing. It's not super obvious from the pic, but it's got a pinstripe pattern, like a suit.
Big table & all that is on it: Watchlist This doesn't seem like art at face value. It's a bunch of paperweights all arranged on a table. So what? But the paperweights all contain crude oil, & were given out as long service/retirement gifts to people working in the oil industry. The placement & colour-coding of the squares are meant to reflect the current state of geopolitics, & with the imposing pinstriped-picture looming over, it's meant to convey the feeling of being in a boardroom.
Subdued Morale Patch [War on Terror]
Subdued Morale Patch [Desert Shield]
Subdued Morale Patch [Prisoner of War]
Subdued Morale Patch [Enduring Victory]
The binder clip colours to represent various military medals for conflicts that are Totally Not About Oil, Honest.
I really liked the meaning behind this one. And had a good natter about the subject matter with the museum attendant & a little old lady who was viewing the exhibit at the same time as me, & we all agreed the world is in a bad state right now. Art brings people together!